Friday, February 1, 2013

Garden Tour: February 2013

Beets and Thai Peppers in my EarthBox

Dill and Cilantro need to be harvested and dried

Ghost Pepper Plant looking better

Mibuna Mustard

Failed attempt at spreading veggie and flower seeds in my flower bed.  Cleanup added to my To Do list.

One of my daughters gardens

Cabbage almost ready to harvest

More Mibuna Mustard.  This stuff tastes AMAZING!

My other daughter's garden.

Potatoes planted today in grow bags.

This is the GrowBox.  I don't like it nearly as much as my EarthBox, but hey, maybe I got a defective one.  This one does not wick water.

Broccoli seeds ripening

Key Limes

Main Bed, freshly clean and amended.

Hardin's miniature tomatoes.  

Celery trench

Another shot of the main bed

Meyer Lemon Tree

Pinecone Ginger not doing well.  On my To Do list is to move it to a wet, shady area out back.

Bed 1 of the front yard garden. Pumpkin, kohlrabi, bibb lettuce, tomatoes, chard and a watermelon plant.  This bed is filled with leaf litter topped with horse manure.

Bed 2 was a failure.  I used leaf litter and bulk potting soil from the local nursery and nothing else.  To Do:  Amend heavily and grow asparagus here.

Bed 4 is my tomato bed.  Can't decide if I want to add supports or let the plants sprawl, but I need to figure it out quickly.  Bed was filled with leaf litter, shoveled soil from chicken coop and topped with wood chip mulch.

Bed 3 - Strawberries, nasturtiums and kales.  Bed was filled with leaf litter, shoveled soil from the chicken coop and topped with wood chip mulch.

Surinam Cherry

Bed 5 has garlic and onions growing.  Bed was filled with horse manure and topped with wood chip mulch.

Another Meyer Lemon Tree.

The Moringa Tree got a haircut.  Patiently waiting for it to re-grow.

Meyer Lemon tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment