Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Easy Organic Homemade Ketchup

I had a few very ripe tomatoes and was not sure what to do with them (since I don't like tomatoes) so I started looking for easy homemade ketchup recipes.  I wasn't able to find one that suited my needs (the few tomatoes I had and the spices I have on hand) so I compiled a little bit of all the recipes and came up with this one.


Fresh tomatoes  (I had just under 2 lbs)
white vinegar
sugar
salt
onion powder
garlic powder
onions
garlic

First I blended all of my tomatoes in the blender and ran them through my mesh strainer into a pan.  Turned the heat onto Med.  Finely chopped a small onion and added it to the pan.  Minced a large clove of garlic and tossed that in too.  Added a sprinkle of salt (to taste), some onion powder and garlic powder (again, to taste) then 2 TBSP or so of sugar.  Whisked it all together and let it boil down to a thick consistency.  I let it cool then put it back into the blender to make it nice and smooth.

Easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment