Friday, February 1, 2013

February 2013 Planting

I spent some time cleaning out the garden earlier this week, pulling all of the plants except one shaded pea patch, turnips and the kohlrabi in the main bed.   I added 20 lbs of llama manure, lots of Georgia red clay and lots of wood ashes and raked them all in.

There is a lot we can grow in February here in zone 9b, but here is a list of what I intend to plant this month. I don't want to get over zealous as March is really when we ramp up plantings.  I'm even considering starting seeds indoors this year.  :)

Beets - can one have too many delicious beets?
Carrots - I have a lot growing already so not sure about these
Celery****PLANTED 1/31
Kohlrabi - I have a lot growing already so not sure about these
Leek - I've never even tasted leeks before
Potatoes****PLANTED 2/1
Beans****PLANTED 1/31
Cantaloupes (I've never had ANY success with them so I don't want to dedicate too much time/energy/space to them.)
Cucumbers
Eggplant****PLANTED 1/31
Peppers
Sweet Potatoes
Squash
Tomatoes
Green onions****PLANTED 1/31
Watermelon

RED indicates a new to me crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment