Thursday, May 23, 2013

EcoScraps Challenge

The Ikea pots I planted Eggplant and Basil in on 3/21/13 are not doing so well.  The plants are small and stunted, and a bit on the yellow side, which to me indicates overwatering (even though I'm not watering them often at all).

Today I received a delivery of EcoScraps products I won from a facebook contest they held. I decided to put it to the challenge.  I repotted one of the sickly eggplant and basil pots using the EcoScraps Potting Mix, and watered it in well.  I added a very light layer of mulch on top, since these pots get full blaring afternoon Florida sun!

I will take weekly pictures of the (hopeful) progress and let you know my thoughts as the weeks go by.

EcoScraps Compost Mix, All Purpose Plant Food, Liquid compost and Potting Mix

Sad little eggplants and basil.  One month old exactly and barely hanging onto life.

Closeup of the near death experience happening here.

Removed soil builder, filled with EcoScraps Potting Mix, replanted and watered in the seedlings.

Added a light layer of mulch to help retain moisture.
I also added, per the instructions, 1 TBSP of the all purpose plant food to two of my Artichoke plants in pots today.

No comments:

Post a Comment