Thursday, March 7, 2013

Planted Sweet Potatoes

My Soil Builder was delivered this morning. I was so excited I went out and started moving it just as soon as I dropped my oldest off at school.  I hauled load after load to the raised beds I installed this weekend and then planted 48 sweet potato halves in the largest of the beds.  I also filled most of the nursery pots I had lying around with Soil Builder and planted my transplants in them.  Tomorrow, if I can manage to move, I may go out and plant more green beans in at least one of the open beds.  

Side note, I planted TONS of okra seeds.  My family does not like okra, but they are beautiful plants with beautiful flowers so I want to place them around the yard.  If you are a friend of mine and like okra, you may end up hating me after harvest season comes!

Look at all that steam!

6 cubic yards of Soil Builder!

No comments:

Post a Comment