Friday, March 8, 2013

Best Seeds Your Money Can Buy

I'm on the hunt for the best seeds available.  Looking for a reliable seed company with great germination and great plant performance.  I've tried growing seeds of all types, from many different seed companies.  From what I've experienced, the most reliable seeds for germination, growth and production has been Botanical Interests.  I have only had the opportunity to grow their Italian Genovese Basil and their Royal Burgundy Beans but both produced exceptionally well, sprouting very quickly, growing tall and lush.  The Basil was VERY productive and delicious.  While I only planted the Beans on Monday (3/4/13 - That's 5 days ago) they are already 6" tall and very healthy looking.  I can't wait to see how well they produce in the front yarden.

Have you seen their seed collections?  I would order almost every one of those if I had an income!  I have kids, live in the South, grow in the ground and in containers, love flowers and edibles, have kids and am married to an Asian man.  About the only collection I wouldn't need is the tomato collection!

Though I haven't seen it for myself, I was told you can find BI seeds at Nature's Food Patch in Clearwater.  It's too far for me to drive so I'll take my friends word for it.  All I know is I have never seen them sold in any store local to me.  But hey, a woman can dream, right?

This year, for my anniversary, I got 6 cubic yards of the city's soil builder (compost).  Maybe next year I'll be able to talk my wonderful husband into ordering seeds from Botanical Interests. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment