Friday, February 24, 2012

Spinach Harvest, Turnip Harvest and Seed Sale

On 2/16 I harvested the first of my spinach.  Total weight was 6.6 oz. While not the biggest harvest of spinach, it will probably be the last.  Sadly, aphids and caterpillars have INFESTED my spinach and there isn't much out there worth salvaging now.  Too bad because I used this to make a fresh spinach dip and it was DELICIOUS! I think I'm going to pull it all and toss it into the compost.



I pulled 1.5 lbs of turnips for my mother.  She was in a hurry and I didn't get time to take a picture, but she said they are the best turnips she's ever had!

As a side note, Walgreens had seeds on sale for $0.20 each this week.  I spent $4.20 on vegetable and flower seeds and have added that to my total out of pocket cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment