Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Our No-Longer-Blah Backyard

Today was the big reveal for our backyard makeover and I want to jot down the details so I don't forget.  Forgive me if this is a long post, but my memory isn't what it used to be and I want to remember everything.

Photo Credit


Thursday, November 10th:
The fencing company installed 3 sides of our fence, leaving the front open for the trucks that need to come over the next few days.  The landscape company also came out and removed all of our existing sod.    We had a few packages here already, but kept UPS and FedEx busy with several more deliveries today.
My thoughts:  I won't go look at the backyard, but from the little I can see on the sides it already looks better!  Who knew a fence could make such a big difference.  I can't believe this is actually happening.

Friday, November 11th:
Four pallets of patio pavers and an entire dump truck full of mulch was delivered.
My thoughts:  I was told it would be a quiet day today, so both of these deliveries were a pleasant surprise.  That looks like a whole lot of pavers and mulch, but both are beautiful.  I'm even more curious about the design.  I'm very nervous about the big day tomorrow, but thankful that my husband took the afternoon off to help me remain calm.  (He can tell I am a wreck.)


Saturday, November 12th:
Today is the big day!  There must be 100 people out in the yard.  I've never heard so much sawing, hammering, thumping, and noise in general in my life.  My husband was sweet enough to take the day off to be with me and help entertain the children.  I met the crew from Wayfair.com and they are an outstanding group!  I had to laugh at myself for being so nervous to meet them.  Dave, Chuck and Justin are all amazing men and were very easy to talk to.  We loved them.  The kids loved them.  They went to the nursery and picked out plants for us.  There are some empty nursery containers laying around so I guess they've planted some stuff.  We have been stuck in the house most of day, which is fine by me but the kids don't like it too much.  I can't believe this is finally happening.

Sunday, November 13th:
We are stuck in the house again today and we are going stir crazy.  There isn't a lot of work being done today, but we don't know if people are coming so we are here waiting.  We have resisted all urges to peek, even though it has been hard.

Monday, November, 14th:
Today has been a very busy day.  Back to school for my oldest.  She is thankful to get out of the house.  The fourth side of the fence has been installed, making it easier for us to come and go, since there's no way we can see anything.  We managed a much needed trip to the grocery store and may have dragged it out longer than we needed because we are happy to be out of the house.  The crews are working so hard we are afraid they would forget to eat so we got them a Tampa favorite...Cuban Sandwiches which they devoured!  It feels good to do something for them after all they are doing for us.  Tomorrow is the Big Reveal!  There will be a few more media opportunities than we originally thought which is wonderful, yet nerve wracking.  I'm on the shy side so I said a lot of prayers that I don't freeze up and that I do Wayfair justice.  (Without them none of this would be happening!)

Tuesday, November 15th:
WHEW!  What a whirlwind of a day it has been!  After a restless night (too much anticipation) we were up at 5:15 am.  That's 3 hours earlier than my normal get out of bed time!  Thankfully my wonderful husband was quick to get the coffee flowing and keeping it coming.  By 8:00 am we had polished 4 or 5 pots of joe.  We were told we would be on live tv at 9:00 am, but that got pushed back to 9:40.  The news channel aired teasers at 9:20 and 9:30.  Since we still hadn't seen our new yard we sat at the dining room table while the Wayfair crew gathered in the living room to watch.  Once I heard the anchor announce the teasers I got very nervous.  The minutes flew by and before I knew it we got to walk out and see our new backyard!

Here are some of the media highlights!
bizjournals




abcactionnews


Here are some of the media articles and videos showing the big reveal.





Before pictures:
The (left) side yard

View of the entire yard

After pictures:
New fence, plants, sod and mulch!

A new shed, more plants, a 500 sq ft paved patio, fire pit, patio set, new grill, hammock and so much more!

My new vegetable garden area (left side of house).  I've already put up my compost bin.
We LOVE our new backyard and have spent all our free time playing, relaxing and grilling!  I'm SO thankful to Wayfair.com for giving my children a safe environment to play!  

Our next big project is to paint the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment