Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What I want to grow

Here's a list of all the foods I'd like to eventually grow for my family:

Apples
Bananas
Mangos
Peaches
Pears
Oranges
Cashews
Pecans
Sunflowers (for seeds)
Lettuces
Celery
Broccoli
Cabbage
Swiss Chard
Potatoes (white and sweet)
Green beans
Pinto Beans
Black Beans
Garbanzo beans
Cantaloupe
Corn
Cucumbers (my dd and dh eat them, I pickle them)
Peppers (for mom and dh)
Pumpkins
Spaghetti Squash
Tomatoes
Watermellon
Beets
Brussels Sprouts
Carrots
Cauliflower
Kale
Onions (bunching and bulb)
Peas
Radishes (for mom)
Spinach
Corn
Asparagus (I read you can't grow it in FL, but I'll research that more soon)
Herbs of all kinds

If I can get to a point where I can grow all of the above I think we'd be WELL on the path to our dream homestead.!

No comments:

Post a Comment