Friday, May 3, 2013

Planted today

Finally had a chance to get back out and plant some seeds today.


In the bed next to the chicken coop I pulled the peas and replaced it with Fordhook Giant Swiss Chard (from Seed Savers Exchange).

The watermelon patch next to the pine tree was looking awful, so a couple days ago I planted celery seeds, which are germinating nicely.  Today I added seeds of Homesteader Tomatoes, Lemon Basil and Anaheim Chili Peppers (all from the seeds of the month club).

For fun I also planted one Golden Wax Bush Bean seed in Serena's birthday pot.  Her basil was pulled off and I think she will enjoy seeing the beans grow.

I also planted stevia seeds in a pot and placed it in the sun.  I've never had luck with stevia before so I have my fingers crossed but am not holding my breath.

I have a plan mapped out for my front yard utility space flower garden and hope to get someone with muscle power and stamina to help me dig up or till the grass in the 5' x 20' (or so) area out front to help beautify the front yard a bit and transform the curb appeal from looking like a FARM to a pretty view.  I have researched how to keep my soil from eroding since it's right at the street gutter, but haven't come up with a solution yet.  If you know of how, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment