Thursday, January 19, 2012

2012 Homesteading Goals

I have no idea why I named my blog "The Florida Homestead". Maybe "From Urban Plot to Food Plot" would have been a better name because my vision of a Homesteader is someone who lives off the land - 100%. I don't think I'm even working this land 1% yet, but in time I'd love to be 100% self-sufficient...so I guess I've answered my own question about the name. Forward thinking much? Lol.

In order to reach my goal of becoming self-sufficient I need to make attainable goals for myself. Here's my list of goals for 2012.

Plant 1 edible tree I'd prefer a dwarf variety of something tropical like a mango, or banana, but I'd be happy to plant a Fruit Cocktail tree (that may be a front yard tree for space reasons) or a citrus tree.
Find a local source of free manure
Make lots of compost
Amend my soil with organic matter

No comments:

Post a Comment