Friday, December 16, 2011

Rambling...

Come Sunday it will be 2 weeks since my last planting.  In the past I've over planted, impatiently watched everything grow, harvested too soon, and been upset that I have to start the long process over again once the plants are spent.

This time I'm trying to remember to get out and plant every 2 to 3 weeks.  How do I know if I am planting too much of one thing and not enough of another?  I guess trial and error is all I have to go on.  I am excited to see some seeds I planted popping up here and there, it reminds me of how I felt when I saw my first seeds sprouting.    It is also neat to compare the tiny new seedlings to the more established seedlings, serving as a constant reminder that the plants are growing and we will eventually have food on the table.

There is still plenty of space to plant more seeds in the garden.  This weekend I hope to plant more of the following:

  • Beets
  • Broccoli
  • Carrots (we never seem to have enough of these)
  • Cauliflower
  • Kohlrabi
  • Lettuce
  • Onions (bulbing)
  • Radishes


Come January, I'm looking forward to having many of my plants harvesting to make planting room for:

  • Peppers
  • Tomatoes (many varieties)
  • Beets
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Carrots
  • Kohlrabi
  • Lettuce
  • English Peas
  • Potatoes
  • Radishes
  • Turnips


No comments:

Post a Comment