Wednesday, June 6, 2012

One tiny potato

I'm beyond bummed. I have loved and nutured my potato plants these past several months. I watched as one of the plants flowered then died. I waited. Today I decided it was the right day to move away some of the pine needles and find my potatoes. I slowly pulled back the mulch a little. Then a little more. I didn't see any signs of potatoes. I dug a little faster, until I reached the bottom of the mound. There, all the way at the bottom I found one teeny tiny potato about the size of a ping pong ball...and a ton of slugs having some sort of orgy. Eew. I was devistated. MONTHS spent growing these and this was the big harvest. Damn.
Although I was pretty disappointed I decided I would just re-plant the tater tot in the main bed. It's either going to grow or compost in there, either of which are fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment